Re: CD Burning Software

On Sat, 19 May 2018, Charlie Gibbs wrote:

On 19/05/18 11:36 AM, Herb Garcia wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm running Mate on my laptop. I don't see a CD/DVD burning software
that came with the build. Any suggestions?

I use wodim.  This is a command-line utility; if you're into that, it works a treat.

man wodim for details.

For whatever it might be worth, this (ubuntu help) page has proved
useful to me in the past:

 CdDvd/Burning - Community Help Wiki
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning

In particular, the following two sections.

1. On using genisoimage (so you can generate an iso image based on
   some directory tree, so you will have something appropriate for
   burning onto optical media):

 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning#Burning_a_CD_or_DVD_using_Command_Line_tools

2. On using wodim (to burn an iso to optical media):

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CdDvd/Burning#Burning_a_CD_on_the_Command_Line_with_wodim

But yeah, whatever you decide to use, look at the man pages too.

--
@adamjohnsonNYC 22 May 2018 | @tinymattresses

people who tell others to "google it" as if human exchange of
knowledge is now rendered pointless by large corporations are the 2nd
worst people behind passive voice pedants

.

%% https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/999089561933410306