Re: NMI: IOCK error

	Hi.

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 09:20:44PM -0500, Noah Duffy wrote:
> I randomly started receiving messages on my server tonight, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what it means and how to go about fixing it.
>
> The message from syslogd is:
> kernel:[ 2939.389179] NMI: IOCK error (debug interrupt?) for reason 61 on CPU 0.
>
> I did some Googling first, but I can't make too much of it.  It sounds like either a CPU error or some an issue with the system bus that might be motherboard related.  The processor is an Intel Atom C2550 if that helps any.

[1] is very straightforward on it:

Use vendor hardware diagnostics software to analyse system health.
Contact the hardware manufacturer for further assistance.

So yes, you may have faulty hardware.

> The motherboard/CPU is still under warranty, so if it is hardware related, I suppose I'll have to have someway to prove that to the manufacturer.

Relevant parts of dmesg should be a valid starting point. If possible,
try a different kernel (from the backports, for instance). If it's a
hardware - you'll have these NMI interrupts too.

Reco

[1] https://access.redhat.com/solutions/42261