Re: Re: Where is templato to create package?

On 5/17/18, ox16 <ox16@o2.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 14 maja 2018 20:10 Joseph Herlant &lt;herlantj@gmail.com&gt;
> napisał(a):  Hi guys,   mentors.debian.net mentors.debian.net  is a good
> placed to start.   Ok, can You show me source code of package?  I&#39;m
> searching but not found.  I ask about file and formats.   I must create a
> package first. This is only one file.

On 5/17/18, ox16 <ox16@o2.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 14 maja 2018 20:10 Joseph Herlant &lt;herlantj@gmail.com&gt;
> napisał(a):  Hi guys,   mentors.debian.net mentors.debian.net  is a good
> placed to start.   Ok, can You show me source code of package?  I&#39;m
> searching but not found.  I ask about file and formats.   I must create a
> package first. This is only one file.

The maint-guide offline resource that we can install locally starts by
showing what is necessary. This is the same guide in an online form:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/first.en.html

I just checked and that guide is additionally part of Joseph's
recommendation. Joseph's also suggests the following which may say
something in a different that is more understandable:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/packaging-tutorial/packaging-tutorial

Additionally... If this was me as a new developer trying to find out
how to present a font such that it displays in Debian and thus likely
other operating systems, I would use my package manager to find a
similar font. I'd then inspect that font's package contents to see how
its author *successfully* presented their [product] such that it was
*successfully* accepted into Debian's repository.

BUT... I would also make sure that the previously existing font
package doesn't have any outstanding quality issues that are not
immediately apparent. I wouldn't want to unintentionally duplicate
those quality issues into my own brand new package. That's where the
Debian Package Tracker comes into play as a handy tool:

https://tracker.debian.org/

If you find a fonts package that would be easy to use as a template,
run it through the Tracker first then correct that package's issues
before proceeding forward with your own. If you do use another package
as a template for your own, don't forget to credit if/as
appropriate/needed/requested by that package's developer. :)

Good luck!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey