Re: Running GParted and Synaptic without entering password

When I've logged in as a mortal to my XFCE GUI, I can just type, in
the terminal emulator, 'sudo gparted' and the GUI comes up and works
like I expect it to. After I quit gparted, there's some stuff it's
written on the screen (I've never tried to figure out what it's
about).

I haven't tried that with Synaptic, but I'd be surprised if it whined.
I know 'sudo aptitude' works, but CLI tools are what sudo's for.

Oh, and I've got sudo configured so it doesn't ask me for a password...

--
Glenn English