Re: rsync - newbie question

On 05/12/2018 12:50 PM, Tixy wrote:
On Sat, 2018-05-12 at 13:28 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Another hierarchy in Linux not to sync is /system for the same reason
you don't sync /proc.

Presumably you meant /sys ?

Basically, the OP probably don't want to try and sync mount points for
things that aren't ordinary filesystems and that's quite an extensive
and variable list.

I exclude /media for similar reasons. Or would exclude it anyway?

Some commands have options to stop them looking at other filsytsems (cp
has -x and find has -xdev) I don't know about rsync (I don't have it
installed).