Thunderbird asking for authentication

Hi all,

In the last few weeks, each time I start Thunderbird, it asks me to
authenticate for a website. The website is familiar to me, and I have a
username/password for it.

But I don't want to enter the details, because I don't know why it's
asking - is there a way to find out?

I generally cancel the dialog, and then I've looked through all the
recent emails from the relevant organisation, agreeing to view remote
content for each, but the dialog doesn't come back. It may be that there
are emails that have missed my filters and are hiding somewhere else, of
course.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Richard