Re: A long rant on Debian 9

The next installment....

I booted the machine just recently and I am not sure what I did but I noticed that both the wired and wifi interfaes were up. I took the wired down
  ifconfig enp2s1 down
and it continued to ping my gateway and the bbc. More than that it allowed be to use aptitude to get firefox.

I tried a number of changes to /etc/network/interfaces and I seem to have it working. So now back to installing compilers and development tools

As ever I apologise for what were probably trivia questions. My only excuse is age -- I predate networks and operating systems.