Re: color unstable under jessie

On Saturday 05 May 2018 18:11:18 tom arnall wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> over the last few weeks i've been having trouble on my system with
> color. the color on the screen becomes very unstable, and keeps going
> into a state where most of the color is pink. has anyone else had this
> problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Arnall

This, generally, is not a debian problem. Speaking as a C.E.T. with 60+
years in tv service, and broadcast engineering, first, I'd disconnect
the monitor and reconnect it to see if theres a bad connection there.

Failing that, I'd remove and reseat the video card if its not part of the
motherboard. While you have it out, make sure the fan spins freely, and
verify it runs when re-installed & powered up. Third, try a different
monitor. Somewhere in that chain, between the digital to initial rgb
conversion, all the way to the crt or lcd, is a flaky connection. Could
even be a microscopic crack in a solder joint on the motherboard. Those
are hell to find.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)