Re: messed up release in apt

On 2018-04-30, Anil Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> hello,
> I mistakenly added an etc/apt/sources.list line for "jessie"(backports)
> instead of "stretch", which is my current release. I proceded to update
> apt and installed Wine (along with many packages, some i386) from the
> jessie-backports source (i.e. apt install wine/jessie-backports).
> Please tell me how I can locate all wrongly installed packages and
> remove them, and install correct packages from stretch-backports,
> thank you,

The Debian English-language backports wiki FAQ suggests (to find
all backported packages on a given machine):

https://backports.debian.org/FAQ/

 dpkg -l  |awk '/^ii/ && $3 ~ /bpo[7-9]/ {print $2}'
 (works here--outputs the package name without version)

 aptitude search '?narrow(?version(CURRENT),?origin(Debian Backports))'-F '%100p'
 (produces no output here though I have one backported package).

The French (ah, the French) backports FAQ suggests:

https://wiki.debian.org/fr/Backports

 dpkg-query -W | grep ~bpo
 (works here--outputs package + version)

Then there is the '/var/log/apt/history.log' also, which might be of
great utility in this affair.

--
"Three prisoners were locked in a cell. When the largest of them finished his
food, he immediately ate the others. Too bad. An apostrophe in the right place