Re: Inexplicable memory usage after move to Debian9

With the help of a "minimal" Debian 8 System, I am learning SystemD.  My guess was, simply due to more "Moving Parts", than the prior Boot Process. More Open Processes, mean, practically more Memory Usage.

Thanks!

Kenneth Parker

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 11:18 AM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu 26 Apr 2018 at 15:01:38 (+0000), Kenneth Parker wrote:
> Couldn't be SystemD, could it?   That wasn't in use, in Debian 7.
>
> Just a guess...
>
> Kenneth Parker

That's probably about as useful as saying "What do you expect?
You've moved from 32-bit to 64-bit, so double your memory."

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 9:09 AM Simon Beirnaert <
> simon.beirnaert@lightspeedhq.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Recently I've started moving a fleet of Debian 7, 32-bit machines
> > over to Debian 9, 64-bit. This migration is done by creating a fresh
> > Debian 9 image with the necessary services, moving over user data (some
> > wars and the content of /home) and rebooting into the new OS.

Cheers,
David.