Re: Using debootstrap

On 04/25/2018 10:45 AM, Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:
On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:19:13 -0500 Richard Owlett said:

I have two questions:
    1. What should replace "????" as I'll be using DVD1 of Debian 9.1.0
       as my "repository"?
    2. As I expect the console display may exceed the scroll back limits,
       I wish to pipe the console display for later reference without
       impeding answering any prompts I get. I've seen a description for
       doing that, but I can't remember it. Pointers?

No idea about (1), but for (2) you can use this:

~# command 2>&1 | tee command.log

With "tee" you create/squash the output file anew. With "tee -a" you append to
it.

Regards

That's what I had seen. Thank you.

How does one search for some concept for which you have no keywords?

TIA