Re: Using debootstrap

Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 09:19:13AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> From reading several references I believe my command should be:
>>
>> debootstrap --arch=i386 --include=apt-get --variant=minbase --no-check-gpg
>> --print-debs --keep-debootstrap-dir stable /media/richard/rco
>> /media/cdrom0/????
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>   1. What should replace "????" as I'll be using DVD1 of Debian 9.1.0
>>      as my "repository"?

> How about man debootstrap?
>
> I'll copy the synopsys for you(r lazy ...) here
>       debootstrap [OPTION...]  SUITE TARGET [MIRROR [SCRIPT]]
>
> after stable you provide the target (your usb stick)

Am I misunderstanding you here?  Your answer seems unnecessarily curt
and actually misses his question (the question marks he used to indicate
his point of confusion are at the MIRROR parameter).  Even if he had
been confused about the usage of the TARGET parameter he deserved a more
polite and helpful answer because, as you have just experienced,
sometimes one misunderstands, what has been written.  Maybe I am just to
sensitive, though.

--
Felix Dietrich