Re: Jessie: No logrotate since October 2016?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:09:06 -0400
Boyan Penkov <boyan.penkov@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Boyan,

>that this is the case, and automatically read the crontab, then write
>an intelligent anacrontab with sane defaults?

From the anacron page on packages.debian.org;

This package is pre-configured to execute the daily jobs of the Debian
system. You should install this program if your system isn't powered on
24 hours a day to make sure the maintenance jobs of other Debian
packages are executed each day.

Not a full answer, but gets you part way to where you want to be, I hope.

--
 Regards  _
You're only laughing 'cause you haven't heard the news