Re: I wish put another Debian, and with its command line.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 05:39:30AM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

>> I was thinking net-tools gave us ifconfig.
>
> It does.

Kinda.

On Buster, ifconfig and its buds are installed automatically. But if
you've written a script parsing ifconfig, you'll have to make some
changes because it's output is not the same as it used to be. Close,
but slightly different words and  data. Just enough to provide
gibberish to my scripts.

And there's the issue with the new interface labels...

--
Glenn English