Re: how to use boot.img.gz

Hi,

Brian wrote:
> There is no problem with 'zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX' and copying
> a netinst 9.3 image to a USB stick. Boots fine and locates the image.
> Then I get the dreaded "No kernel modules found...mismatch...kernel
> used by this version of the installer...kernel version available in
> the archive". Hopefully, a 9.4 image would fix that.

Smells like bit rot.

  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=debian-installer
yields
  "Unable to install Debian Buster from buster mini.iso"
  Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 11:03:01 UTC
with
  "No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between"

Does the 9.3 ISO work properly if not wrapped in boot.img ?
(I.e. copied directly to /dev/sdX by cp or dd.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas