Re: I wish put another Debian, and with its command line.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:25:02 +0200
Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

> mark@neidorff.com:
> >
> > What is your goal in doing another install?  If you want a text
> > interface, then open a terminal window and make it full screen.
> > Poof!  Best of both worlds.
>
> True. And for more isolation but without the requirement for reboots
> (and a separate kernel) you can use chroots.

Funny how different people see things different ways. My take on the
OP's need for a separate installation was what I have often done with
servers, to have a completely independent boot environment available
for disaster recovery, with fstab already set up to mount the main
installation partitions, scripts for chroot, configuration
documentation, etc.

--
Joe