Re: I wish put another Debian, and with its command line.

Gdsi:

> On my disk is a little free space at which I wish put another Debian,
> and with its command line.

How much is "little free space"?

> A few times I tried doing it but always there was a excess , as the
> installer don't say exactly what is into minimal inst-ion, and I'm
> afraid there's kernel only.  If I shall not be setting check marks for
> additional components, will be there: 'apt', man pages and some
> editor?

You can be sure that you will have a "usable" system even when not
selecting any extra packages. There will always be apt, a shell (bash),
some editor (nano and vim-tiny) and man pages for core utilities.

A "standard" Debian installation contains all packages with Priority
"required", "important" and "standard". You can view a list (from a
running Debian) using aptitude:

aptitude search ~pstandard ~prequired ~pimportant -F%p

That includes 119 packages on my (unstable/sid) system. I don't know
what the installed size of these packages is, but I guess you need way
less than 1GB.

J.
--
I wish I could do more to put the sparkle back into my marriage.
[Agree]   [Disagree]