Re: X does not work in Debian 9.4

* fmneto@gmail.com <fmneto@gmail.com> [220418, 03:09]:
> Hello Ennio,
>
> 	this usually happens when you are using a graphics driver that
> depends on a kernel module that is not shipped with the standard
> kernel, like nvidia-driver for example. You need to reinstall the
> module, linking it against the new kernel (boot into 4.15 and reinstall
> the driver).
>
> -Francisco

Hi Francisco and thank you for the hint; however,  as I use the
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau driver I doubt your suggestion will work in
my case. Anyway I'll bear in mind it for next time linux-image is
upgraded...
Ciao, Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)