Re: Intel - Sky Lake Processor?

On 22/04/18 12:24, HP Garcia wrote:
Does any else have a Debian installed on a pc with a Intel Sky Lake
processor? Has anyone got it configured properly without any boot
errors?
Just curious.
HP Garcia

Skylake is now well-supported. I am using unstable on a Kaby Lake i7 7700, one release later than Skylake. I installed stretch shortly before it was released and immediately upgraded to unstable. I think the stretch kernel was 4.9 something (and still is). I had no problems with the kernel (just problems with early motherboard UEFI setting incorrect turbo frequencies, all fixed now). Anyone using 3.x or early 4.x kernels on Skylake is going to have a bad time i.e. wheezy or jessie without jessie-backports). 4.9 should be fine. There is a 4.15 kernel on unstable and stretch-backports.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director