RESUME=UUID=XXX (Was: I am wishing to insert this UUID in fstab-file.)

On 4/19/18, Alexander V. Makartsev <avbetev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19.04.2018 18:09, Gdsi wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I had used the advice: "Edit /etc/fstab and comment out (type a # before
>> everything) the line
>> which starts with something like:
>> UUID=3a64784b-9807-446a-bc39-c9011ba6ed6b swap sw",  and boot's delay
>> disappired.
>> But now I'm worry about absent swap-partition into /etc/fstab, perhaps
>> without cause.
>> I did:
>> ------- root@debian:/home/user# mkswap -c /dev/sda3
>> 0 bad pages
>> Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 2.8 GiB (2999971840 bytes)
>> no label, UUID=dc070520-d011-459e-a192-fcf854cc92b4
>> root@debian:/home/user#
>> ------,
>>  and am wishing to insert this UUID in fstab-file. May I do it?
>> Excuse me that I send its posts of on separate, otherwise it does not
>> work.
>> Thank .
>>
> Also, if you use hibernate\suspend feature, you have to check
> "/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume" file and update it with new uuid of
> swap partition.
>
> My "resume" file looks like this:
> RESUME=UUID=d0331ef1-bc12-473f-bd4a-b4edf0d4d0a8
>
> This could be the source of the slowdown on boot problem you have.

Started to just wonder out loud if this needed a higher profile
highlight by itself for those who have ongoing resume problems.
Decided to go ahead and give it that higher profile instead. :)

I'm way preoccupied today, or I'd test drive it myself to see if it
makes a difference in what's going on for my own setup. For the
moment, I just gave up on hibernate and instead do it manually. *grin*

Yes, I'm sure this, maybe even this specifically, has been discussed
before, but I also occasionally still keep seeing people with various
issues related to resuming from sleep/hibernate. Adding this kind of
tweak is not common chatter until very recently and probably in places
where it would be overlooked by many..

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey