Re: Installer image for installation via ssh

On Wed 18 Apr 2018 at 18:32:14 +0200, john doe wrote:

> On 4/18/2018 2:02 PM, Leandro Noferini wrote:
> > Ciao a tutti,
> >
> > I need to (re)install debian on a compact on intel with graphic board
> > broken so I would try to install via ssh: are there installation images
> > prepared for this kind of situation?
> >

> You could try:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Remote

What is the point of this page? As it says

 The DebianInstaller/NetworkConsole is really neat. It allows you to
 do some really cool stuff- like a completely remote full installation
 of Debian.

It then goes on (to my mind) to convolute the process. "Why?" the page
asks. "Because I can" is the answer. Basically, it does not offer any
advantage over d-i's already built-in support for ssh. I suppose you do
learn something about how to re-master and re-build the installer. But
featuring Legacy GRUB isn't exactly heartening.

> Basically the D-I has already build in support for ssh, you would need to
> configure the network interface... using a preseed file.

And a few other things.

> Can't an external display be used?

The graphics card is defunct.

--