Re: add native support for bitlocker

On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 12:10:52PM +0000, Aaron Schneider wrote:
For work reasons, I keep some data on bitlocker-encrypted drives (FAT, FAT32, NTFS). Whenever I connect the drive to my debian computer, I have to manually mount it using dislocker from the shell. Would like the user interface did it for me, the same way it happens on Windows.

How can I properly file the feature request?

My first thought would be to hook dislocker into a udev rule. Presumably you have one drive (or a small handful) which you can uniquely identify (either by serial number or by filesystem UUID or similar). The idea is that you write a udev rule that, when udev sees that device, executes a script to decrypt the drive. Note that udev-executed scripts *should* return promptly so, if necessary, work in some sort of asyncronicity if you need to ask for a password or if decryption takes some time.

--
For more information, please reread.