Re: any continuous integration tool in the repo?

On 06/04/18 23:07, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
That said, I am responsible for some significant build infrastructure
that is built on Debian and I use Jenkins installed directly from
upstream. One of the very nice things about Jenkins, which is rather
different from other similarly complex applications, is that it can be
deployed as a single .war file.

+1 for Jenkins from an upstream .war file. Debian packages are great for openjdk, apache, and tomcat, to give you a full-featured servlet container, into which you can install the Jenkins .war. You may also want to install (and later upgrade) Jenkins plugins, which you can do from within Jenkins itself.

As an alternative to self-hosting, projects on GitHub can use Travis CI.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director