Re: Storing "real" user data: was: Re: Update: Re: Password Manager opinions and recommendations

On 30-03-2018 11:47, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> * with that in mind, some of my proposals to various people (including
> the
> FHS) included things like creating a new directory, then keeping one named
> /home and naming the new one either something like /data (for real user data,
> and keeping the configuation data in /home, or vice versa--keeping the real
> user data in /home and creating a new top level directory named maybe
> something like /config for user configuration data.
There's ~/.config
(https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/file-hierarchy.html#~/.config)
. Many apps use it, but still the majority uses ~ directly (and probably
allways will).

--
We'll know that rock is dead when you have to get a degree to work in it.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br