Re: changing local domain name

On 2018-03-29 19:34, Curt wrote:
On 2018-03-29, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
following recent about hostname it seems I've been under
misunderstanding that ".local" was OK so now I change local domain to
".home" .
It's not just domainname and /etc/hosts. It's every frigging where.
apache
roundcube
postfix
now my ISP SMTP server is moaning.

think I got them all except cups is unhappy, I don't know why.

There's actually a wiki on this:

https://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/ChangeHostname

For cups you might look at

/etc/printcap

the part after rm=
 rm=einstein
    ********

Of course that part is the part to the left of the first dot in your
fqdn.

Anyway, good luck (my hostname is incorrect, but as it has never caused
me any misery, I've left well enough alone up to this point).

Oh, there's more in /var. I'm going to ignore the binary files as I don't think they are current and I don't know how to edit them anyway. In fact the installation is a bit old I could do with tidying it all up anyway so I might as well start afresh. Dunno if these configuration files couldn't use a persistent environmental variable for domainname.

mick

ps Samuel Beckett ++

--
Key ID	4BFEBB31