Re: sshd fails to start on boot

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018, mick crane wrote:
> on boot sshd seems to be starting before the network is ready so
> fails. How/where do I tell it to start after network is up ?
>
> debian testing (buster)

sshd starts after network.target, and listens on 0.0.0.0 and :: by
default, so unless you've modified it to listen on a specific address
which isn't yet up, it shouldn't matter.

Check out what journalctl -xe _SYSTEMD_UNIT=ssh.service; says to see why
it failed to start, and that should tell you what's actually going on.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure.
We get very little wisdom from success, you know.
 -- William Saroyan _My Heart's in the Highlands_