Re: stretch and DNS name resolution service for other devices on a LAN

On 2018-02-24, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:

> Anyway, we have a saying here which roughly translates to : "you cannot
> force an unthirsty donkey to drink".

I looked it up (because neither me nor hubby--de vieille souche--recognized
it right off).

 On ne saurait faire boire un âne qui n’a pas soif.

Donkeys being noted for their obstinacy.

We say: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Not *quite* the same; but after all, we cowboys can't ride no donkey
into the sunset.

(A sexist variation: You can lead a girl to Vassar but you can't make
her think.)

--
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
-Oscar Wilde