Re: Super (Mod4) + L behavior for MATE

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:
Greetings,

Just upgraded to MATE 1.20.0 (Debian Sid) and I'm noticing something that I had not before...

If I hit Super + L, I get a screen lock. However, screen lock is bound to Ctrl + Alt + L.

Anyone have ideas as to what is up?

Dug into things a little. Here is the short answer:

dconf write /org/mate/marco/global-keybindings/run-command-1 "'disabled'"
dconf write /org/mate/marco/keybinding-commands/command-1 "''"

The longer answer has more questions in it. Such as, why doesn't:

dconf read /org/mate/marco/global-keybindings/run-command-1

return

'<Mod4>l'

??

It only returns a value after the value changes (with the "write" command above). But that feels like a bug in dconf.

-m