Re: Setting up a local DNS server but clients that use it can't access the internet

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 05:57:21PM +0000, Aero Maxx wrote:
> Basically I have local clients that are a mixture of windows and linux,
> these clients need to be able to access the internet for updates and so on,
> but to also access services that are on the local network by a hostname
> that has been setup correctly I believe on the local DNS server.

What domain name did you choose for your local area network?

What software are you using on the DNS server?  How is it configured?

Did you use a combined nameserver + recursive resolver on a single
host, or did you separate the functionality?

Plus, all the other excellent questions others have already given.
In short, you must give details.  All of the details.