Re: Problems with clean install of fvwm

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 02:21:11PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tracker.debian.org tells me that there is a default configuration file in
>   https://sources.debian.org/data/main/f/fvwm/1:2.6.7-3/default-config/config
> which is the download view of
>   https://sources.debian.org/src/fvwm/1:2.6.7-3/default-config/config/
>
> It looks like a clean starting point for modification and enhancement.
> I'd put it on disk as: ~/.fvwm2rc

>From the fvwm(1) man page:

       Here is the complete list of all
       file locations queried in the default installation (only the first
       found file is used):

           $HOME/.fvwm/config
           /usr/local/share/fvwm/config

           $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc
           $HOME/.fvwm2rc
           /usr/local/share/fvwm/.fvwm2rc
           /usr/local/share/fvwm/system.fvwm2rc
           /etc/system.fvwm2rc

       Please note, the last 5 locations are not guaranteed to be supported in
       the future.