Re: Fwd: Re: Unknown URL

	Hi.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:41:35AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> Then
>
> root@AbNormal:/home/comp# apt-get update
> Ign:1 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch InRelease
> Hit:3 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch Release
> Get:2 http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian stretch-updates InRelease [91.0 kB]
> 0% [Connecting to prod.debian.map.fastly.net (2a04:4e42:b::204)]

Perfect.

> and
>
> root@AbNormal:/home/comp# dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> i386

That looks about right.

> Always glad to be able to help remove boredom!  Other than my comp chem
> calculations, I find boredom to very boring.

At least one of us doing real science. I'm ashamed to mention what I do
for the living ☺.

And now to the fun part. Please provide these:

tcpdump -ni any -s0 -w /tmp/fastly.pcap tcp port 80 or icmp6 or \
	udp port 53

ip a l

ip ro l table all

traceroute -n 2a04:4e42:b::204

It should be noted that:

1) tcpdump should be run while you're invoking apt-get, with IPv6 stack
operational (i.e. no disable_ipv6 trick).

2) To terminate tcpdump use Ctrl+C. All its output will to to a file.

3) tcpdump will capture all tcp:80 (i.e. - HTTP), that's intentional.
This may, or may not be a privacy issue.

4) tcpdump requires CAP_NET_RAW and CAP_NET_ADMIN to function properly.
Meaning - you run it as root. Other commands should not require root.

5) If tcpdump is not installed there, use disable_ipv6 trick temporarily
to apt-get it.

Reco