Re: Were is gapcmon?

On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:36:03 -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 01:30:40AM +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

>> > I've always use apcupsd which still works in stretch.  My use is
>> > pretty
>                     ^^^^^^^
>> > trivial - just reports - I don't do anything automatic on power fail
>> > since I can't figure out how to do anything that will always wind up
>> > with my machine running when the power comes back!
>>
>> So you shared with my your joy using it but spared the where you get
>> it.
>> Well, enjoy your little secret. :-)
>>

> Juan,
>
> He was saying that he uses apcupsd, not gapcmon. There is no secret. As
> you know, gapcmon really is gone and apcupsd is available in all current
> Debian releases.

Ups, I've totaly missed that Marc said 'apcupsd'. In this case here are
my deep appologies to Marc and everybody Being over busy last couple of
days I was quite hasty in this case. Sorry.

BTW. about apcupsd-cgi. I found that in order to use it I need to install
appache2. I never needed to run a server on my home desktop before.
Wouldn't it be a little overkill to install appache server only to use
apcupsd web interface?

I'm realy not sure I want to spend a lot of time on securing and then
maintaning the server. However I'm not realy familiar with the matter. Is
it over complicated or I'd rather use CLI to control apcuspd daemon?

Thanks.