Re: USB key and lost space

On Tue 20 Feb 2018 at 01:23:01 (+0100), Rodary Jacques wrote:
> "To erase the ISO 9660 superblock of debian-9.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso do
>
>   umount /dev/sde1
>   dd if=/dev/zero bs=2048 seek=16 count=4 conv=notrunc of=/dev/sde
>
> But first make sure that /dev/sde is indeed the medium you want to erase."
>  I did that before the result is :
>
> dd if=/dev/zero bs=2048 seek=16 count=4 conv=notrunc of=/dev/sde
>
>  Same answer with fdisk cfdisk ...
> Sorry

You might consider checking out your mail client. What you see above is the
[text/plain, 7bit, iso-8859-1, 0.4K]
version which, I think you'll agree, doesn't make a lot of sense as
the most important line is missing. I could read that only from the
[text/html, quoted, iso-8859-1, 2.7K]
version.

I don't know the type of card reader(s) you're using. My tiny ?µSD cards
either fit in a USB2 device that's not much larger, or into hollow SD-size
cards. All of the latter have a readonly slider. Is each µSD in its own
adaptor, or are you using the same one for all?

Cheers,
David.