Re: My site has become unreachable when I've implemented SSL

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 06:36:01PM +0100, Aldo Maggi wrote:
> Anyway, now if I browse writing my IP I get the Apache default page
> (the browser tells me, anyway, that the site is unsecure), if I write
> the name of the site I get (traslated from Italian):
> Unable to reach the site
> Connection denied by mysite.com

"Connection refused" (the correct English translation) means that
either the service is not listening to that port, or the packets
were rejected by a firewall.

You will need to examine both of those possibilities.

Making sure the service is listening on :443 should be fairly easy.
You can use "lsof -i :443" for example, or some ss or netstat command.

Checking whether you have a firewall blocking incoming 443 will be
a bit harder.