Re: [likely out of luck]

On 02/17/2018 01:46 PM, John Hasler wrote:
See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_environment>

and <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_manager>

The basic difference, though, is that a desktop environment tries to
enforce uniformity and coordinated aesthetics on all applications in the
Microsoft and Apple way while a window manager manages windows.

Look at fvwm-crystal.

I looked
I liked
I loaded	-- used Synaptic to install from repository
I launched

I'm having problems problems with:
  font and icon sizes
  setting wallpaper/background color

I find menu items which should address my preferences.
Some don't do anything.
Some don't give wide enough selection, particularly wallpaper

As lvwm was also installed I'll see it will lead me.
I've a collection of lvwm sites to check for hints.
Suggestions?

Thanks