Re: Debian New Guy

Legion Post #52 wrote:

> Ok, I have a question. What is that script called that runs when you
> start up the system that causes all that text to come across the
> monitor? In that text I see a failure that references "systemct1
> network service" but can't find where that is located to check it out.
> Any help greatly appreciated.

You see the output of the boot process. These are couple of programs.
What you are refering to is systemd - the new init (I can do all - type of
BS spread around).
This is inevitable and in cases like notebooks and mobile devices really
useful, causes still some trouble.

If you want to know more on how this works read more about systemd [1]
If you want to debug this issue, look at your network setup or post here
more from the logs (you can get them with journalctl)

Fortunately I go read of systemd (for now) and use old init on all non
mobile machines, so I can't help much. But it looks like init can not run
something related to your network. Probably this is ignored and at some
point of time your system is ready to use, but probably it makes you
impatient as you have to wait.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/systemd