Re: USB key and lost space

Le 15/02/2018 à 08:06, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :

Additional difficulty is the presence of Apple Partition Map and of
an invalid GPT.
To my experience only the partition editor fdisk is willing to ignore
these extra partition tables. So use /sbin/fdisk to create partition 3.

If the resulting partitioning makes trouble, you could deface APM and GPT
by help of dd runs. (Ask me for instructions if really needed.)

I did not have trouble with the Apple partition table except when using libparted-based partition editors, but could you explain how you remove it ? According to wipefs :

# wipefs debian-9.3.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso
offset               type
0x0                  mac   [partition table]

0x1fe                dos   [partition table]

0x8001               iso9660   [filesystem]
                     LABEL: Debian 9.3.0 M-A 1
                     UUID:  2017-12-09-13-52-51-00

the Apple partition table signature is located at offset 0 in the MBR, in the same area as the BIOS boot code. So I would not just wipe it and expect the installer to still boot properly.

(Strangely enough, wipefs does not find the GPT)