Re: MIDI-to-USB on Debian?

On 2/13/18, Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> wrote:

> On 02/13/2018 04:00 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
>> Does anyone have a MIDI-to-USB adapter they could recommend for Debian
>> and/or linux?
>> This is just for a point-to-point connection from a Yamaha keyboard to
>> a laptop. Software on the laptop remains undetermined, probably some
>> combination of Rhythmbox, CSound, Supercollider and god knows what
>> else. Thanks......Nick
>>

> Look for a PS2 to USB adapter. I have one that allows me to plug an IBM
> model M keyboard into a Dell laptop, and it works perfectly. (No
> manufacturer's name on it--it just says
> "Made in China" like so much else these days.

Newegg has them, too, in varying prices. Both male and female
directions on their various separate offerings. Am even looking at a
pic for a dual PS/2 funneled into one USB connection.

How good they are, I don't know, but I've been using a 99 cent VGA to
DVI-I adapter for almost a year with no obvious ill effects...

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *