Re: Problems in debian-9.3.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso and debian-9.3.0-amd64-DVD-3.iso

Hi,

Laot Serge wrote:
> Yes I'm using W10, and the latest Virtualbox for Debian and i opened the iso
> files with 7zip this is why i've got these results.

I can meanwhile forward your share of the thanks which i got from debian-cd:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2018/02/msg00013.html
where Steve McIntyre wrote:
> you've found a clear bug. Fixing it right now, thanks for
> the clear report!

You: bug finder. Me: clear reporter. Steve: swiftly reacting developer:

  https://salsa.debian.org/images-team/debian-cd/commit/6112370e0abf29018a5346467aaf27cf7cb8ba91
  "Ensure that in all places where we use -J we also use --joliet-long"

That's how it should be.

So release 9.4.0 hopefully has longer names in Joliet. Let's see what
MS-Windows or 7zip say about that.

There will still be differences between ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge tree and
the Joliet tree. That's because Debian ISOs contain a few symbolic links
which cannot be represented in Joliet.
The full original experience of a Debian ISO as data storage is only
available if it is mounted by a Unix-like system and its Rock Ridge aware
ISO 9660 driver.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas