Re: i3 wm sound volume and brightness

On 02/10/2018 04:20 AM, Robert Ford wrote:
> My i3 config for sound volume and brightness is https://paste.debian.net/1009555
>
> The problem is configuration for sound works but there is no display. And for brightness, xbacklight -inc N or xbacklight -dec N returns message
>
>     No outputs have backlight property
>
> I read that's because xbacklight can't find the corresponded backlight in /sys/class. I am aware that changing the value at /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight works, but I am looking for somewhat more portable way.

I'm not sure on the sound issue, but I remember having the same exact
issue when I was setting up my current system. From what I can recall,
it involved changing some setting in the xorg configuration.
Specifically adding the Driver line (as below).

# /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-display.conf:
Section "Device"
	Identifier "Intel Graphics"
	Driver "intel"
	Option "AccelMethod" "UXA"
EndSection

Try adding this file (not sure if the UXA line was necessary), restart
X, and see if it fixes the issue with xbacklight.