Re: stretch and DNS name resolution service for other devices on a LAN

I didn't read all the answers (only half of those). But I have the same
problem and I now think it has nothing to do with named, bind (4 8 or 9).
During Stretch installation with netinst, Network-manager configured once for
all /etc/hostname and /etc/resolv.conf. As I have only one routable address,
it is the only one remembered, and the DHCP server used during install is the
only one kept in /etc/resolv.conf ' (a soft link rewrited each time you
destroy and edit it). Now I got rid of Network-manager and with my own named
config and /etc/resolv.conf I have full access to resolving.  I still have
problems with NAT on my home network with iptables config. I tam aboutto go
back to Jessie, to when everything was OK :-). Sorry for my English