Re: Causes, cures and prevention of orphaned inodes?

On Mon, 2018-02-05 at 07:37 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
>
> > Can anyone give me some guidance in what I should be looking
> > for?  It
> > would be much appreciated.
> > From my experience most probably inappropriate shutdown (no unmount
> > when
>
> shutdown).
> How do you shutdown your machine?
> Can you try without systemd (just install sysvinit and add to the
> kernel
> cmdline at boot: init=/lib/sysvinit/init)
>
> regards

I am always greatful for the great advice, freely given by the folks
reading the Debian-users list.

I always shut down the system with the Shutdown command.  The only
exception would be a locked system, which is the only recourse I know
of for orphaned inodes?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
Consultant