Open a LUKS container storing the operating system, with a header file in another location

Hello,

I would like to open a LUKS container (which is the OS Debian) through GRUB, but with the header stored in a USB key for example. Through the file crypttab (https://manpages.debian.org/stretch/cryptsetup/crypttab.5.en.html), it seems possible to specify the path of the header, but I have different failures and I do not know where the problem is.

Do you have an example, especially of a header path which works outside of the OS? (ArchLinux provides some fragments of examples, but it does not seem to work with Debian; other sites do not help either, and I would sincerely like to avoid using scripts in initrd/initramfs)

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.