Re: okular evince xpdf rendering white (or pale) pages

On 02/02/2018 03:03 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 02 Feb 2018 at 10:41:54 -0300, Hernan G Solari wrote:

Hello

    things where working well in "old-stable" kernel Linux 3.16.0-5-amd64 #1
SMP Debian 3.16.51-3+deb8u1 (2018-01-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux

but now (after upgrade of ??) some pdf files show white pages when viewed
with:

okular, evince, xpdf or epdfview

Except for the old ghostview, no pdf-viewer appears to work (I have tried
others such as epdfview)

At first sight this is related to bugs #886733 and #886798 except that

a. I have no problem with files or tex-script given in the bug-reports to
reproduce the problem

b. "ldd /usr/bin/okular |grep poppler" returns nothing and the same can be
said with evince.

xpdf is linked to libpoppler.so.46

¿Which package could be the problem? I cannot fill a bug report if I do not
identify the package.

Thanks

                         Hernan

xpdf version 3.03-17+b1

Okular 4:4.14.2-2

okular -v output

Qt: 4.8.6
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.2
Okular: 0.20.2

Evince  3.14.1-2+deb8u2
You are appaently not subscribed to this list. Please will you indicate
whether you are reading replies to your post and are able to engage in
respondance to them.

I am subscribed to this list. I don't use Debian, but I am interested in what goes on there, and I do
have a Deb derivative OS.
--doug