Re: getting the right and complete firmware

> ~$ apt-file search firmware-5.bin
> firmware-atheros: /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA4019/hw1.0/firmware-5.bin

For some reason I am not able to run that command, even as root. And
that file is different to the one I am missing
(th10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-5.bin) right?

> Then query the APT database with the package name:
>
> ~$ apt policy firmware-atheros
> firmware-atheros:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 20161130-3
>   Version table:
>      20161130-3 500
>         500 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch/non-free amd64
> Packages
>
> So the firmware can be found in the firmware-atheros package from the
> non-free
> repository[2] of stretch.
>
> 1: https://wiki.debian.org/apt-file
> 2: https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList#Component

I have installed that package, actually fed it to the debian installer,
and have confirmed it is installed now.

thanks a lot,