Re: Got tired of waiting for suspend/resume (something like that)

On 2018-02-01, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:

> Curt (2018-02-01):
>> It's something like "Tired of waiting for resume/suspend."
>
>>  cryptsetup: WARNING: target cryptswap1 has a random key, skipped
>
> See this bug report:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D885160

Your very own bug report.

> It includes an easy workaround: include "RESUME=none" in
> /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf.

So if I put "RESUME=none' in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf and
rerun 'update-initramfs -u' it will no longer wait for resume.

What I'm puzzled about is the UUID of my swap in /etc/fstab (it changes
at every boot?). When I uncommented the swap line not only did "it" get
tired of waiting for resume, but afterwards something (dev-udisks?) took
and even longer time trying find my swap partition I think.

Thank you for your help.

> Note that your problem has absolutely nothing to do with systemd.

I didn't mean to imply it did.

--
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut