Re: Playing or Ripping UDF CDs Under jessie

On 28/01/18 01:04 AM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Martin McCormick wrote:

cdparanoia [...] plays but you lose the individual track boundaries as
you see in the listing above.

I guess you'd need to read the tracks one by one, like
   cdparanoia -d $drivespec "1-1" track_1.wav
   cdparanoia -d $drivespec "2-2" track_2.wav
and so on up to number 20.

Not at all. The -B (batch) option will automatically generate one file per track.

Lately I've started using icedax, a spinoff of cdda2wav which has replaced it in Stretch. To rip an entire disk:

icedax -D /dev/sr0 -x -B -O wav

I like ISO 9660 better than CD-DA. But it is always a good feeling when
the riddles get less and the insight grows.

My CD player, however, likes CD-DA much better. Insists on it, actually. :-)

--
cgibbs@surfnaked.ca (Charlie Gibbs)