Re: extracting file with xz file tar.....

On Friday 26 January 2018 00:43:24 Charlie S wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:51:47 +0000 Brian sent:

> > [Snipped]
> >
> > > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > > The above content, added by Maurice E. Heskett, is Copyright 2018
> > > by Maurice E. Heskett.
> >
> > I've deleted just about everything in your post because I do not
> > know whether it is redistributable. Would you please clarify?
> >
> > --
> > Brian.
>
> 	After contemplation, my reply is:
>
> [quote] man xz can be quite educational ;-) [end quote]
>
> Is there something wrong with that?
>
> Charlie

Nope. The wheezy version of tar has apparently not been taught about xz
files yet. Or has it?, -J is an alias for --xz acc my man page.  Note
uppercase J. A lowercase j=bzip2. So we both learned something. But what
I've been upacking recently have all been images to dd to an sd card for
booting these pi sized computer cards.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)