Re: Time of Removal of Installation media

On 18-01-25 12:00:38, john doe wrote:
On 1/25/2018 10:33 AM, Shehriyar Qureshi wrote:
Hi, I recently installed Debian Stretch and I was confused as if I
installed it correctly. At the end of the installation, I got to the point
where it said "Make sure to remove the installation media so you don't boot
into the installer". I removed the USB at that point and clicked continue
after which it did some small stuff and rebooted. Did I remove the USB at
the correct time or was I not supposed to remove it at that point? Thank
you :)

The step when to remove the installation media is meaningless with a usb key. You could also keep the usb key plugged in and after reboot choose to boot on the device you installed Debian on.

Note that it is not rong to unplug the usb key at that point.

In the past I have been known to try and time the unplugging with the exact time of the reboot.