Re: Emacs info documentation missing in Debian Unstable

On 22/01/18 15:33, Nishan Singh Mann wrote:
Hello, on Ubuntu 17.10 which to my knowledge is based on Debian unstable, installing Emacs via $sudo apt install emacs and then trying to view the Emacs manual using C-h r fails with error "Info file emacs does not exist" The same set of instructions on Ubuntu 16.04 works and one ends up with a local copy of the GNU emacs manual. Did the documentation get delegated to another package or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Nishan

You might be missing a package:

apt install emacs24-common-non-dfsg

Core documentation has been split due to dfsg issues.

Refer to:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsForDebian

for some light bedtime reading :-)

Kind regards,